Attorney James Sullivan is Board Certified in Juvenile Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. .
As an attorney myself, when concerns arose over an incident involving my son, I knew the extreme importance of finding an attorney who is Board Certified in juvenile law. Board Certified lawyers are highly specialized - enough that the State recognizes them for their expertise. My search led me to Jim Sullivan and I cannot thank him enough. He is extremely well-versed in this highly specialized area of law, kind, compassionate and non-judgmental. He spent a great deal of time understanding the incident involving my son and providing us guidance. Thankfully, it appears that this will turn out to only be a "learning opportunity" for my son but, I have Jim's number in my phone and will call him immediately if the need arises. ~Concerned Mom (Yahoo Directory Review)
- have been licensed to practice law for at least five years,
- devoted a required percentage of practice to a specialty area for at least three years,
- handled a wide variety of matters in the area to demonstrate experience and involvement (including at least 3 jury trials, 5 non-jury trials and 3 certification hearings),
- attended continuing education seminars regularly to keep legal training up to date,
- been evaluated by fellow lawyers and judges, and
- passed a 6-hour written examination.
The parents of children caught up in the juvenile justice system are very concerned about how their child's misdemeanor or felony delinquency case could impact their future. This is a very valid concern. Colleges and universities have access to juvenile records. Clearly, a juvenile delinquent is less likely to receive a highly coveted admission to a top school. Also, law enforcement has access to juvenile records. When juveniles are stopped by the police, they may be treated differently when the police know that they have a record. There are several other ways that a juvenile record could impact your child.
Hempstead, Texas Juvenile Defense Attorney James Sullivan views his representation of juveniles in court as a calling. He is passionate in his representation of children in juvenile court. If your child needs a juvenile defense lawyer, call Sullivan at 281-546-6428.